Did you know…
- Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death among children ages 1 to 19?
- The overall critical misuse for child restraints is about 73 percent. Infant seats have the highest percent of critical misuse, followed by rear‐facing convertible seats?
- Child safety seats can reduce fatal injury by up to 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers?
- It is estimated that 284 children were saved due to restraint use in 2012 alone? (1)
Isn’t that astounding? So many of these safety restraints are saving so many children from injury and death – yet not enough families are using them properly. Just a little bit of support and education can save lives.
Summer Vacation is just days away and many of us will be on the road with our families. I just wrapped up my Child Passenger Safety Technician certification and I would love nothing more than to share my new skills with you.
Through Labor Day, September 7, I am offering car seat checks at your home at the cool refreshing price of “PWYC”. That’s right, mi gente: Pay. What. You. Can. There is a suggested $20 tip for 1 vehicle, 1 car seat and $5 for each additional seat/vehicle from there. But if you need to put those dollars towards gas or a booster seat for your kindergartner, I understand.
Use the form below to contact me for a car seat check appointment. And remember, kids will follow their parents’ lead – use a seat belt every time.
(1) Motor Vehicle Safety Factsheet (2014), Safe Kids Worldwide, http://www.safekids.org/sites/default/files/documents/skw_motor_vehicle_fact_sheet_september_2014.pdf