I seem to keep allowing myself to get behind on house-chores. I despise that. I fall behind and then someone wants to come over and OMG! IMUSTCLEANEVERYTHINGNOOOOOOOOOOW! And I get stressed out and feel bad because I inevitably don’t get to something obvious.
I’m re-establishing a weekly routine of “big” chores to accomplish. It’s not easy to have a household routine when you have two jobs with “flexible” schedules like I do. With the way my schedule works, two or three days of the week, I practically go from my office job straight to my retail job – and it’s not always the same days! If I have a list and a deadline, then I can plan to “make time” for the house. Also, having a list of things to do will mean that it will be easier to get my husband involved.
- Mondays or Tuesdays: Sweep/mop/vacuum/dust. Set bread maker.
- Wednesdays or Thursdays: Groceries. Bathroom.
- Fridays: no specific “big” chores (I always work all day). Set bread maker for Saturday morning.
- Saturdays: Household repairs & tune-ups. Sort laundry for next day.
- Sundays: Wash at laundromat (boo!). Cook at least one large meal for the following week.